The library at the UN Information Centre exists since 1947 and provides information about the history, activities, structure and documentation of the UN.
What can you find in the library?
- Almost 3,000 professional publications produced by the United Nations;
- Information materials from the United Nations;
- Use of the reading room, equipped with Wi-Fi;
Železná 24, 110 00 Praha 1
Tel.: (+420) 255 711 646
Fax: (+420) 257 316 761
We ask for those interested in visiting the library to agree upon a date in advance either by phone or by E-mail.
- Information on the library;
- Factual information from the website of the United Nations.
Answers to specific questions and requests sent by E-mail. Links to a wide range of electronic and other information sources of the United Nations are provided for questions on general topics. All library services are free of charge.
UN online library:
Information can be sent by E-mail about new documents and electronic information resources of the UN system.
Copying and printing of electronic documents
(Maximum 20 pages per person).
The UN reference library in Prague includes documents from the following fields of activity of the United Nations:
- Official publications from the principal organs of the United Nations (General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council, Trusteeship Council, International Court of Justice and the UN Secretariat).
- Documents about the history of the United Nations and general material about the activities of the organisation.
- Disarmament and international security, peacekeeping.
- International law.
- Crime prevention, combating organised crime and international terrorism. Drugs.
- Social and economic development: World surveys of economic and social development; regional economic surveys; multinational companies and international investment; economic development planning and forecasting; economic cooperation; statistical publications.
- Natural resources and environmental protection.
- Industry and industry-specific publications UNIDO.
- Agriculture and Nutrition (agricultural statistics, production and trade, research, forests, fertilisers, fish – FAO publications).
- Transport and communications (rail, water and road transport, civil aviation, telecommunications). New technologies.
- Foreign trade (international trade law, exports, imports, reports on trade and development, reports on the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for individual states).
- International Finance (International financial statistics, balance of payments, government finance).
- Demography (statistics, forecasts of demographic development).
- Area Labour and Welfare (conventions and recommendations of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), employment and salary statistics, international labour migration).
- Human Rights (international legal norms, UN activities in the field of human rights, the rights of women, children, refugees).
- Health (a publication of the World Health Organisation (WHO)).
- Nuclear energy and nuclear safety.